Shadybrook Resort 1940s

Shadybrook Resort 1940s
Description:


This scenic picture was taken in the 1940's at Birch Lake's  outlet where it flows under today's Bertland Road towards Big Bearskin Lake.. The Shady Rest Resort was then located at the Lake's outlet there and some resort of buildings remain today as privately owned homes or cabins.  



Reportedly, during the logging era, a corduroy road was laid across what had been called Musky Creek, and later the bridge built about 1915 to provide access to another resort called the Shepard Lake Lodge, on the north end of Birch Lake, then named Shepard Lake.  When culverts were installed in the 1960's some of the old corduroy logs had to  dug out..  Just to the west of the bridge was a dam that had been constructed in the creek, during the logging days to raise the lake level high enough to float cut logs out of Birch Lake.  The dam was blasted open allowing the mostly white pine logs to move on to Big Bearskin Lake,  and down the Bearskin Creek to Mills south of there..


Find the last offers by SkyBet at www.bettingy.com BettingY.com Bonuses

Town of Cassian FacebookTown of Cassian

9110 Church Rd, Harshaw, WI 54529

Copyright © 2014 Town of Cassian. All Rights Reserved.